Things to see and do near the Allanton Inn
There are several well established walking routes in the area; these include:
- Southern Upland Way
- St Cuthbert’s Way
- St Abb’s Head
- Walking in the Cheviot and Lammermuir Hills
- The Northumbrian and Berwickshire Coastal Paths
The Allanton Inn is in a central position of the Borders which boasts a variety of golf courses. The parkland golf courses at Coldstream (The Hirsel) and at Duns are a short drive away. Eyemouth Golf Course overlooks the North Sea and is 15 minutes drive. At Kelso there is the course on the Duke of Roxburgh Estate. The golf course at Goswick, South of Berwick is a magnificent links course used as a qualifying course for the British open. Discounts for guests can be arranged for both Duns & Hirsel golf clubs.
Racing at Kelso is 25 minutes away and meetings there can be found on the Kelso Races website.
Diving and surfing
Diving can be arranged at St Abb’s. Surfing is available at Coldingham.
The lovely rolling landscape of the Scottish Borders makes it a perfect area to explore by bike. There are many signposted routes such as The Border Loop, the 4 Abbeys Cycle Route & the Tweed Cycle Way. There is outside storage for bikes.
The river Whiteadder is two minutes’ walk from the Allanton Inn and offers splendid fishing for salmon, sea trout and brown trout also. We sell day permits for fishing trout and salmon on the Whiteadder here at the Allanton Inn. The famous river Tweed is 5 miles away, always offering fabulous salmon & trout fishing in beautiful scenery. There is a heated outdoor store that can be used for drying equipment.
Eating & Drinking
We offer a changing menu of fresh, local, seasonal food, served in a relaxed and informal atmosphere. The well stocked bar includes real ales, and an interesting selection of fine quality wines and our home made ginger beer.
Re-opening Summer Offers:
1) Dinner, Bed & Breakfast from £140 for 2 people (based on two people sharing a double/twin room. Valid until 31st August 2020).
2) Seafood Lovers - Our seafood platter, bottle of Muscadet Sevre et Maine, bed & breakfast only £175 for 2 people (based on two people sharing a double/twin room Valid until 31st August).
3) 10% Discount when you book 2 or more nights. Use promo code "welcolme back". (Can not be used in conjunction with other offers. Valid until 31th August 2020).
Why book direct?
- We are always cheaper than OTAs including Booking.con, Expedia & TripAdvisor
- Free early check in when available
- Free WiFi